- THE KNIGHT
- A fan's tribute to Peter Deuel
- by Sherilyn Smith
- October 2000
- In my minds eye, in a flash
Broken dreams, meant to last
Seventy-one, his will to lose,
Imposed haunting mid-war blues.
- On his steed, his head held high
Shining armor, sword and style
Dark eyes glittering all that is
Passion, rage and love and death.
- And all the love, the love had I,
Young one to hear his battle cry.
Then gone was he, the one I loved
In an instant, in a flash,
Is my sorrow meant to last?
- Please go then, Pete, and be at peace
Rest, my love, your dreams be sweet
When you wake, our spirits wait
For your return, in faith and fate.
- Bless your soul and heart so rare
Within it came an oath to care
Beyond myself and my own needs
A gift so precious and one to breed.
- Impressions graceful on the earth
Please know, somehow, you _were_ heard.
Inspired thoughts you did impart...
Do good in your life, and in your heart.
- Be kind and loving, gentle child
And dont forget how to smile
Or how to laugh, or how to love
Or how to thank the One above.
- For life is rich, treasure it now
Give back love and do it well
Time is short, the bell soon tolls
So bestow your best upon the world.
- With careful prints of heedful hands
On self, on others, and on the land
In constructive, yet meaningful ways
Its never too late
just start today!
- Loving memory bequeathed this vow
And it pleads, for Peters sake,
Peace and Ecology Now.